Thursday, November 8, 2012

What Ice Cream Truck?

A few months ago, a friend was visiting from the U.S. One morning, during the first week of his stay, he was slowly finding his way down the stairs, when he heard a truck and a bell.

If the prospect of ice cream can give you wings, he would be the perfect example. He jumped down the remaing two or three steps of the stairs, looked briefly towards the kitchen, shouting "I'll catch the ice cream truck", while simultaneously extracting his wallet from his pocket with one hand and opening the front door with the other hand.

My "wait, wait" bounced back off the door that had already closed behind him.

Coffee in hand, I slowly walked over to the front door. From the top step, I could see him three houses down on the street, talking to the truck driver.

He came back smiling. "I cannot believe I tried to buy ice cream from a scrap metal collector", he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment